District Sales Representative Trainee
Location: Cedar Falls, IA - Marketing Center
Job Posted: 01/31/2019
Job Post Expires: 03/02/2019
Martin Bros. Distributing is the Midwest's leading full-service foodservice distributor. We are continuing to grow and are looking for a Sales Trainee. This person must be customer-driven, sales-oriented and someone who has a vested interest in making an impact in our family-owned organization.
You must have strong verbal communication skills, a versatile selling style, the desire to help our customers profit in a demanding economy, and a competitive drive and desire to success.
The Sales Trainee position will require travel and overnight stay in Cedar Falls during the training period (approximately 6 -9 months) and will then need to be available to relocate somewhere within our distribution area. Territories are located throughout the Midwest and Central states.
- Exceed department's sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through legendary customer service
- Work in a team environment, utilizing multiple resources inside and outside the company to address customer’s needs
- Stay up to date on new and existing products and offer recommendations on available options
- Suggest ways to improve profitability (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the menu design, etc.)
- Comply with inventory control procedures
- Be willing to work a flexible work schedule to include occasional nights or weekends
- Previous work experience in sales preferred but not required li>Proven track record of over-achieving goals
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Valid driver’s license & clean motor vehicle record
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
Great benefits at Martin Bros.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Health & dental insurance
- Bonus opportunities throughout the year