Location: All Territories
Organization: Martin Bros. Distributing Co., Inc.
Department: Service Tech
Job Posted: 11/07/2019
Job Post Expires: 12/07/2019
Martin Bros. Distributing, a growing food service company is seeking experienced service technicians. Established in 1940, Martin Bros. operates in multiple Midwest states and is seeking to add Field Service Technicians to existing territories with established major accounts. Technicians with beverage, laundry, dish machine and/or chemical knowledge are encouraged to apply.
- Reactive service to include equipment trouble shooting and diagnosis, part replacement as needed and problem resolution
- Preventive maintenance to include planning and scheduling, equipment cleaning and upgrade
- Installation and removal of countertop beverage equipment to include knowledge of electrical power, water, drain, airflow and space requirements
- Ability to work remotely in a telecommuting environment processing order information using Martin Bros. software, resolving customer equipment issues and interfacing with the company
- Order and facilitate delivery of repair parts and customer equipment, maintain parts inventory and execute equipment pick up and return
- Deliver superior customer service focusing on customer needs, developing and sustaining positive relationships, creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with customers
- Knowledge of basic electricity; amperage, voltage and current. Also understanding of basic heating and refrigeration, water quality and filtration principles
- Interaction with internal dispatch, planning, inventory, technology and sales personnel to deliver the expected Martin Bros. service level
Candidates with experience in service and installation of drip coffee brewers, juice equipment, dish machines, and laundry dispensers are preferred. Positions are full time and may include occasion after hours and weekend calls.
The service technicians are provided a company van, uniforms, cell phone reimbursement, service manuals, training and parts as required. We also provide a competitive wage and benefits package.
- Mechanical ability (refrigeration, electrical and plumbing skills)
- Ability to identify and resolve mechanical problems
- Ability to work in an independent environment
- Ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Good customer service skills
- Post-high school education and/or related foodservice experience
- Good driving record, as position is supplied a company van
- Ability to pass drug screen and background check
Great benefits at Martin Bros.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Health & dental insurance
- Bonus opportunities throughout the year