Martin Bros. Recipes
German Pork Roast with Red Cabbage, Red Potatoes & Carrots
Added: September 26, 2014
MAKES 4 PORTIONS
24 oz Sara Lee Carver’s Collection Pork Roast (915350)
1 oz Olive Oil
1/4 lb Capital City Yellow Onion, sliced
1 lb Bix Shredded Red Cabbage (380253)
1/4 cup Knouse Musselman’s Apple Cider Vinegar (640000)
2 tsp McCormick Caraway Seed (472451)
4 slices Farmland Bacon
24 oz Wholesale Red Potatoes
1 lb C.H. Robinson Grimmway Baby Carrots
1. Cook pork as directed; set aside to rest.
2. In a skillet or on a flat top, heat oil (or use bacon grease for flavor enhancement). Add onion; sauté for approximately 5-10 minutes. Add cabbage, vinegar (and salt pepper, if desired). Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add caraway seed. (Add chicken stock to change consistency, if desired.)
3. Cook bacon until crisp; chop. Cook potatoes. Cook carrots.
4. Slice 6 ounces of pork from the roast.
5. Plate pork, topping with cabbage mixture and finishing with bacon.
6. Serve with potatoes and carrots on the side.
Print ◄ Back to Recipe Gallery
As a Martin Bros. Distributing customer, SideDish! is delivered to your inbox every month and gives you access to tips and trends to make your business more efficient and profitable throughout the entire year. You'll learn from the experts specific to your industry including, healthcare, medical supplies, restaurant supply, janitorial supply, large kitchen equipment, restaurant marketing and more!Become a Customer