Martin Bros. Recipes
Smoked Sausage Wellington
Added: October 06, 2014
3 each Hillshire Farm Endless Black Oak Smoked Sausage (910000) 4 in sections, halved lengthwise
3 each Baker Boy Puff Pastry Dough – 5x5 in (989990)
3/4 lb Monterey Medium White Mushrooms (360930), chopped
2 tsp Wholesale Minced/Chopped Garlic in Water (391020)
1 Tbsp Red Pepper (361251 or 361250), small diced
1 each Capital City Medium Yellow Onion, small diced
2 Tbsp Butter
1. Melt butter in sauce pan. Add mushrooms, garlic, red pepper and onions; saute until vegetables tender and reduced. (The liquid should evaporate, and you should end up with a chunky paste.)
2. Make an egg wash mixture with 4 oz Sunny Fresh Liquid Egg Product with Citric Acid ESL (975098 or 975219) and 2 oz milk.
3. On flat surface, lay out thawed pastries. Place sectioned, halved sausage and mushroom paste in middles, fold and seal, brushing seams with egg wash to make the seal.
4. Place on baking sheet. Brush with egg wash.
5. Bake in a 400°F oven until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F, approximately 20-25 minutes.
6. Serve with a salad and a starch.
Print ◄ Back to Recipe Gallery
As a Martin Bros. Distributing customer, SideDish! is delivered to your inbox every month and gives you access to tips and trends to make your business more efficient and profitable throughout the entire year. You'll learn from the experts specific to your industry including, healthcare, medical supplies, restaurant supply, janitorial supply, large kitchen equipment, restaurant marketing and more!Become a Customer