Vice President of Human Resources
Location: Cedar Falls, IA - Marketing Center
Organization: Martin Bros. Distributing Co., Inc.
Department: Human Resources
Job Posted: 02/07/2019
Job Post Expires: 03/01/2019
Martin Bros. Distributing is looking to fill its senior leadership role in Human Resources. The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing Human Resource strategies, policies and programs that support the company’s strategic vision. Major areas include organizational effectiveness, talent management, employee and labor relations, compensation and benefits. The VP of HR is a key member of the senior leadership team in setting the direction and vision of the organization, with particular emphasis on the impact to talent.
Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources, Organizational Development or other training/business related major
A minimum of 10-15 years of related experience leading an HR department with progressive experience in areas such as organizational development, recruitment, training and workers compensation
Experience in leading an organization through change
Experience working with all benefits in particular retirement plans (ESOP experience preferred)
Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills with strong attention to detail
Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize under pressure
Advanced ability to efficiently and creatively solve problems
- Strategic development of company and human resource visions ensuring programs and services are provided that translate business strategy to talent strategy and support the overall goals of the organization
- Leads strategic talent planning efforts, including talent acquisition and retention, performance management, learning and development initiatives, and succession management to support the organizations ongoing success
- Enhances, develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization in accordance with governmental laws and regulations
- Ensure compensation and benefit plans are competitive and effective in driving performance and in compliance with regulations
Great benefits at Martin Bros.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Health & dental insurance
- Bonus opportunities throughout the year